Last Revised: March 15, 2023
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”).
Examples of Personal Information include:
- Contact information (e.g., name, home or physical address, email address, telephone number, and mobile phone number);
- Billing and shipping information (e.g., credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, billing and shipping addresses and contact information);
- Username and passwords used to access Website(s), including verification through social media platforms;
- Social media account information (e.g., username and passwords, profile images, and other images that you make available such as user-generated content);
What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect and for Which Purposes?
In order to provide and promote our products and services, we may collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address and payment card information, comments or questions submitted by you, and other Personal Information.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information either directly from you or your agents or indirectly through your usage of the Website(s). Such Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your agents during the Website(s) profile registration process, email communications, technical and consumer support, order placement process; and any feedback or comments you submit or disclose in connection with products or services (“Submission or Disclosure From You”). Through your usage of the Website(s), Personal Information may also be collected by automated means that are part of the technology that underlies the Website(s) or other platforms that are needed to provide you with products or services, communications, or technical and consumer support (“Automated Means”).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason(s) for which the information is provided. For example, to fulfill an order, complete a commercial transaction, to establish and verify the identity of a client consumer.
- To provide you with product updates or service news and information, promotional notices, events and offers that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights under contracts entered by you and LUXBAR, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our Website(s) and present its contents to you.
- To conduct tests research, analysis and product development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court order, governmental regulations, or as otherwise may be required by applicable law.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To meet other legal, security, processing, and regulatory obligations.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use Personal Information for materially different or unrelated purposes without providing you with a specific notice. We limit the collection and use of Personal Information to what is necessary to manage our business and to deliver superior service to you.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
We may disclose all categories of your Personal Information described above to a third party for a business purpose. These third parties include (i) our affiliates, (ii) service providers, and (iii) third parties to whom you (or your agents) authorize the disclosure of your Personal Information. Business purposes may include: products or services we provide to you; advertising/promotional materials; communications; technical and consumer support; payment processing; market research; and sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions.
Prior to such disclosure to a third party, we will direct the third party to use your Personal
Information only for the purposes required to perform their functions as directed by us, to keep the Personal Information confidential, and to comply with applicable law.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
LUXBAR maintains physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information as required by law. These safeguards are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. When we share Personal Information with an agent or affiliate, we impose confidentiality obligations on the recipients.
LUXBAR corporate policies prohibit employees with access to confidential customer information to use or disclose such information except for business purpose or use. All employees are required to safeguard confidential information, as specified in their confidentiality agreements with LUXBAR.
Browsers and Internet Security
LUXBAR uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology on it websites. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. LUXBAR recommends using the latest version of any of the following browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft’s Internet Explorer). These browsers will activate SSL automatically.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area within a Web site by looking for the padlock symbol on your browsers address bar. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server. We do not recommend the use of beta browser versions.
Your Password and Other Security Issues
Your password for LUXBAR site is your private entry key into your account. You should never share it with anyone. If you forget your password, please email we will be glad to help you.
After you’ve finished accessing your account, don’t forget to log off. This prevents someone else from accessing your account.
Security Risk of Using Non-Approved Automated Software Applications
For security reasons and to guard the safety of your data, access to this site is limited to SSL-capable browsers. Under no circumstances should you use any software, program, application, or any other device to access or log-in to LUXBAR Web site, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring, or transmitting any content to or from LUXBAR computer systems, Web site, or proprietary software.
This Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information on this Website. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. As such, we do not sell Personal Information from a child under 18 without affirmative authorization. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at the following phone number: 1-407-939-2628.
What are your rights?
Right to Correct and Update Your Information
The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. If you are a customer and have a concern about your personal or account information maintained at LUXBAR, or want to correct, update, or confirm your information, please call 1-407-939-2628. We will be happy to review and update our records.
Right to Request Deletion of your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will honor your request (and direct our service providers as well) as required by law.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair the existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, with your previously obtained informed consent, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Rights to Know and Delete and Verifiable Consumer Requests
To exercise your rights to know and delete as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Calling us at 1-312-642-3400.
You can also designate an authorized agent (a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf) to make any of the above-described requests. Only you or your authorized agent may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will verify your request by matching the identifying information that you provided to the Personal Information already maintained in our records for you. If you have a password-protected account with our Website, you can verify your identity through the existing authentication practices, namely by logging in to your account using your unique username and password within 24 hours after the submission of your request. If you do not have a password-protected account with our Website, you can verify your identity by providing us the e-mail address and the phone number that you used when you transacted with us last. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you products or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, then you can reach us at 1-312-642-3400
Receive updates, LUXBAR news, and more.
Gibsons Restaurant Group
Founded in 1989 with the iconic Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse on Rush Street in Chicago, Gibsons Restaurant Group has been dedicated to providing unmatched hospitality, quality, and value to its customers.